PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ROGER FEDERER

Q: How are you getting used to the new racket?

ROGER FEDERER: I’m happy. Today, I definitely got more information out of
this kind of a match like I predicted. We were always going to have longer
rallies today than in yesterday’s match because of the type of player I
was playing against. So many more balls hit, more rhythm. So, I’m happy to
be still in the tournament giving myself another opportunity in the next
match. Also it's a type of ball I don't know very well. To be honest there
is a few bad bounces on the court. So, overall I’m just still looking for
the timing and the rhythm here. But the longer I stay in the tournament
the more confident I am that I’m going to play better and better as the
tournament goes on.

Q: Are there things that are easier to do or more difficult with the new
racket?

ROGER FEDERER: Yes, I guess it’s to a degree some more getting used to,
just to see how it reacts on every single shot. Clearly it reacts better
to some shots. That's for sure. But it's important not to think of it the
whole time, not to talk about it all the time but more just sort of go
with it, fight for every point, have the right mindset, be optimistic
about playing here now and wanting to achieve a good result and that’s
what I'm doing. So, that's really the mindset I've got to have right now.

Q: The colleagues from London would like a statement regarding Andy
Murray’s Wimbledon victory. Did you see the final and what do you say
about his victory?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn’t see the match but I thought it’s a great result
for him, clearly for anybody winning Wimbledon is a dream come true, in
particular for him where he comes from and how much Wimbledon, I'm sure,
has inspired him as a player. He's had to go through - let's be realistic
- on a very high level he had to go through some tough times as well where
he was being chased by the media of not winning enough even though he was
winning tons of tournaments. I think he took his time and got better as
every year went by. And he was finally able to win big tournaments now. In
a year he won three huge events. Credit to him, he deserves it and I’m
very happy for him.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates